Welcome

I love to create handmade gifts for every occasion. Look around and leave me a comment or two. I love comments!

Translate

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

DIY T-Shirt Necklace with charm

I finally made a T-Shirt necklace! I have been seeing these at school and on Pinterest all spring and wanted to make one for myself. I finally got out the scissors and cut up an old t-shirt. I love the idea of recycling something that no longer fits or is not in style. This shirt fits both these categories. 
When I first "finshed" my necklace all the seams were showing and I hated how it looked. I decided to wrap the seams with one of the strips I cut for the necklace. Much better! 

Now, I am not the kind of person who just follows directions when it comes to making things. I added a charm that I picked up at Hobby Lobby last week. I have a thing for clocks. I couldn't resist this one. It was on sale half price. I paid about $3.00 for it. 
I plan to wear this with a tank top to dress it up a bit. I will also wear it to school in the fall. I try to look fashionable despite my advanced age! 
If you want to make one of these necklaces and need more instructions feel free to email me at bobetteglassett@gmail.com. If you have made one I would love to see it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment